Sundays on the Green, six Sunday afternoons in September and October 2009
If you venture to Point Reyes Station on Sundays, bring a blanket to lounge on for beautiful and exciting music under the sky...and bring the kids to Kids Drum and Dance Jam
1:00-1:15p.m. each week... FREE! at the Livery Stable, 80 4th St. (at B St.), Pt. Reyes Station.
Presented by Point Reyes Music Center, a one-stop studio for creative music study, and sponsored by the Marshall Livingston's Livery Stable and Sue Conley and Peggy Smith's The Barn Project Partners.
Multi-instrumentalist Joyce Kouffman
will host, with special guests:
- Sept. 20 (12-2 pm) -- Singer/Songwriter Harmony Grisman
- Sept. 27 (12-2 pm) -- Percussionists Barbara Borden and Julia Harrell
- October 4 (12-2 pm) -- Surprise
- October 11 (12-2 pm)-- Because it is cloudy and quite cool today, I will be playing jazz standards on jazz guitar, and leave the Bach to next week when the weather for cello and complex fingering on guitar will hopefully be much warmer.
- October 18 (12-2 pm) -- Joyce Kouffman playing from her recent CD, "If Bach Were Brazilian" on classical guitar and electric cello. These tasteful arrangements of the Bach favorites are Joyce's interpretations with a Latin beat. She will also play some of the Bach Two Part Inventions arranged for two classical guitars.
- October 25 (12-2 pm) -- Sizzling jazz pianist Eric Vaughn and Joyce on jazz drums! Guaranteed to lift your spirits higher than they've been lifted before! That night they will also be at the Dance Palace at 7p.m. for a benefit to raise money to refurbish the grand piano. Tami Pallingston, bassist and Tomales High music director will also be performing that evening!