Music Immersion Week June 2006
Music Immersion Week: June 12-16, 2006
Group and individual sessions every day. All instrumentalists welcome. Vocalists welcome after conferring with instructor.
Levels will be self-rated and grouped according to reading skills and amount of improvisation experience.
- Daily Chamber Music sessions with coaching
- Daily Exploration of Ensemble Improvisation sessions with instructor participation
- Daily private session with Instructor in instrumental study, ear training, sight-singing, harmony, musicianship skills, composition (customized to participants' goals).
- 11-12:30 - Group Session: Chamber Music Reading and Ensemble Skills
- 1:30-3:00 - Group Session: Improvisation
- 3:00 on - Private Sessions, 45 minutes per participant
Joyce has taught music privately and in group sessions for thirty years, including six years of teaching at Harvard University in both String Quartets and in Improvisation at the Harvard Office for the Arts, Cambridge, Mass. She received a certificate for excellence in teaching from the Harvard/Danforth Center for Education, instigated by unsolicited enthusiastic comments written by undergraduates. After a period of teaching composition to musically gifted children at The Crowden School in Berkeley, California, she has taught all ages and levels in her studio, Point Reyes Music Center, which offers instruction in piano, cello, guitar, drumset, percussion, improvisation, music theory, and composition. Joyce is an active performer, composer, and recording artist whose second jazz CD, with renowned saxophonist, Don Braden, was chosen among the Top Ten picks of 2004 by KCSM 91.1-FM, the San Francisco Bay Area's Jazz Station.
Accommodations and meals are not included, however advice about both are available. Fee: $500 - $700. Deposit: 1/2 fee due upon registration. Remaining balance due by June 1.
Ongoing Summer Private lessons will also be available from July 12 to Aug. 30.